*Just For You*

“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.” -Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 3

Updates :D

TJ had another pretty major surgery today. The doctors decided the best thing to do for the swelling was to just put a shunt in. They had been drawing the fluid off of his brain everyday and rather than keep introducing the chance for infection every day they decided to just place a shunt that ran from his head, behind his ear, down his neck and chest, and into his peritoneal cavity ( a space around his stomach..not inside of it). The tube all runs under his skin. Its hard to comprehend, but you really can't even see it and never would know it was even there. This tube is attached to a pressure valve in his brain that will release the fluid when the pressure gets to high. Then the valve shuts off and stops the flow. Its not something that constantly needs to be draining into his cavity. And also it is not something that he will have to have for the rest of his life. It is a long term treatment, but not necessarily permanent. His body still has to ability to absorb the clot and the fluid will be able to flow on its own. I have heard of kids who had it until they were 2 others until they were 5 and another who was 20 and still had one. It all just depends on what his body does.
He looked really good after the surgery. Now we just need to wait for him to get off the oxygen (he was completely off before the surgery) and to get back on his regular feeding schedual. After he does that we get to bring him home! YAY. Hopefully by Thanksgiving. We are keeping our fingers crossed that everything will go great and he can finally be home with us. He is currently 6lbs 8 1/2oz. He just keeps on gowing! :D

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jade that it so good to hear! He is so sweet, I cant wait to come to your house and visit him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jadie Poo...
    I love you and I'm so glad that he's doing ok. I want to meet the little fella so I guess I'll have to come out and visit! Also, it'd be nice to see you all married.. I can't believe I'm the old hag of the family! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear that TJ is doing good. The pictures of him are so adorable. I hope and pray that he will be able to go home with you soon. Love Ya Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jade,
    I'm so glad surgery went well. He has had to endure so much for such a little, little man. We love you and your sweet family and will continue to keep you in our prayers.
    ~Aunt Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing little guy to be so strong through SO much. I love you, be sure to keep me updated on the plans for the temple and whatnot so I can do everything in my power to come see your adorable family! I love you and I miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete