*Just For You*
“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.” -Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
Tuesday, October 14
Surgery :S
Um how they even place tubes and things into peoples brains is beyond me....how they do it in a tiny little baby is nothing short of a miracle. TJ had to get a resevoir placed in his brain yesterday so they can draw some fluid out of his ventricles. CRAZY...but he looks fine. The reservoir is just a little bubble on the top of his head. You wouldn't even notice it if there weren't stitches surrounding it. They are doing a CT scan today to check the placement and to see if they can see any damage from the bleed. So far they say that they stopped the pressure being placed on his brain in time before there was any extensive damage done, but they don't really know for sure. Last night I went to the hospital to see how he was doing. When I first got there he was pretty out of it still from the anesthesia. But by the end of the night he was slowly waking up and even opened his eyes a few times to look at me. All seems well (pretty much) and hopefully with the pressure off his brain his body can do a better job of absorbing the clot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
aww.. tha's sad!! I hope your little guy gets better really soon!! Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteOh goodness... I'm glad everything still seems to be going as well as possible. I'm truly amazed at just how tough a tiny little guy can be. Let's hope this will get that clot outta there! Love you guys so much.
ReplyDeleteJade, This is Jodie (Wankier) Congrats on your little baby boy, he is so beautiful, but I am sorry to hear about his little trials. If you need anything, let us know. We would love to help out!
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted babe. We are all praying for TJ and can't wait until he can come home. Hang in there and call if you need a shoulder to cry on. Love ya lots, aunt Renee
ReplyDeleteThanks for updating your blog so often! I know the last thing on your mind is updating but it lets those of us who know and love you know what's going on. Glad things are improving!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad things are going well...I still hate that I'm just sitting here in NY and can't really do anything for you, but if you need to talk or anything, I'm always here...doing nothing...all the time... :)...I'm going to be out there a week from tomorrow... so that's like Thursday, October 22ndish...I can't wait to see the little guy...and you too!! I love you girl!! Love your big sis!
ReplyDelete