*Just For You*

“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.” -Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, October 1

Great News :D

Wow this is one rollercoaster ride I will be ready to get off! LOL...TJ is doing really really well. They have been telling us that he is so strong and doing so much better than they had expected. The past few days he has been progressing little by little. Hopefully tomorrow he will be off the ventilator and breathing on his own again. The nurses have been telling us every day that he keeps doing so much better than the day before. Its incredible to see how much his tiny little body is fighting to stay strong. He is slowly gaining weight again and has been back on breast milk for the last two days. That is such a blessing because through the milk he is able to receive the proper antibodies to help fight off any more infection. He seems to be digesting it really well and they up the amount they are feeding him day by day. I was able to give him a bath for the first time two nights ago. It is something so small that can be taken for granted so easily, but I was thrilled to be able to wash my little guy :D He was so funny. His eyes were open the whole time with the most suprised look on his face like "Whoa mom what are you doing to me?!" it was awesome. He is still so tiny it suprises me everytime I touch him. The swelling in his brain has basically stopped. They are sure that his bleeding has stopped and his body will absorb any extra blood or fluid that is left. His platlids and red blood count were right on track this morning which is a good indication that the virus is passing. He has been digesting his food very well which is also a good sign that the worst part is pretty much over.

We have felt everyones prayers so strongly and are so incredibly grateful for the support. It is so obvious that the Lord has been by our side through this hard time. We have felt his presence every day. I can't imagine how people who don't have our knowledge and who don't have an understanding of the gospel ever get through trials like this. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child, but even more I can't imagine not knowing there was more after this life. Not knowing that your little one was safe and waiting for your return. That knowledge is my strength. Knowing that no matter what happens to my little guy there is more after this life. This is all just a trial that we must overcome. I have such a renewed testimony of the power of the priesthood. I am beyond grateful to have a husband who can practice his priesthood authority to be a vessel for the Lord's incredible blessings. All my life I have had a father who honored his priesthood authority. I was so blessed to have that power in my childhood home. And now to have an incredible husband who could give our child a blessing and pour that power onto his tiny little body was such an amazing experience. I will be forever grateful to Tim for honoring his priesthood. For blessing our little boy to be strong and pull through all these hardships. I love the Lord and I love the power of the priesthood. I am so thankful for the support and love of my family near and far. I have such a powerful love for you all. TJ is doing very well. He will soon be transfered back to Utah Valley Medical Center and be close to us again. I know that the Lord is by his side. He is giving TJ the strength that he needs.

9 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you! This is the best news that I've heard all day! I'm so gald for the 3 of you and I'm sure little TJ is going to grow up to be a healthy and strong kid! The lord is with you and always will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade, I talked to Jes today and she told me about your little guy, I feel so bad I didn't even know you'd had your baby! We're praying for him and I'm so glad he's doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jade I can't read your blog anymore because I just cry and cry! I am so glad that your beautiful little boy is doing better. Keena told me what happened to you and I immediately said a little prayer for you that everything would be fine. I have been thinking about you everyday and hoping that things were going better. You are so strong and I look up to you so much for how strong your faith is. Congratulations on your new arrival, good luck with the days to come and I hope that you continue to receive these amazing blessings. Thanks for sharing your story. I am so glad to know that he is doing so much better. Don't forget to take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This IS really good news and I'm glad things are turning out better for you!! I am also glad that TJ is getting stronger. I know that the Lord is with you! And even though I don't see you too much I can tell that your faith is strong.. and gets stronger every day!!! Keep up the good work! You are a wonderful person and I can already tell that you are a VERY WONDERFUL MOTHER! It's such a blessing! WE will keep praying too!!! MUCH <3!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank heavens. Jade I'm so glad things are looking up, I can't tell you how close I've felt to you guys the past week and yet so far away. It's good to know that even when it doesn't feel like we're helping that the Lord hears & answers our prayers. I love you so much and am so glad you have an amazing husband to bless TJ, there truly is nothing like seeing your hubby give your children a blessing. It brings out an entirely new kind of love and respect for them. I love you and I miss you and can't wait to see you! A thousand hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Axton's first NICU batyh and how scared i was to hurt his little body. I'm so happy for the progress TJ is making and the good state of mind you are in. Our prayers for you will continue until you reach the all important stage af taking TJ outside! Seeing as it's the beginning of cold season you'll be told to keep him inside for a long time! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that things are looking good for TJ! I can't even imagine what you have been going through. We love you guys and you are in our prayers! Let us know if we can do anything for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey cuz, I am so glad to hear this news. I have been thinking about you for a while now hoping and praying for things to get better. It is one of the hardest things to watch your child fight for his life and know that it is all in the Lord's hands. Your faith is amazing and I am strengthened by it. Thank you for allowing me to view your beautiful blog, I have truly enjoyed reading this. Please remember to take care of yourself also so that you can be strong for TJ when he needs you to be. Thank you for keeping us all posted on what is going on. We all love ya, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jade,
    I am so thankful for you and Tim, for your strength, and for your love of each other. I know the knowledge each of you share in the power of the priesthood will lift you up and give you the courage you need to keep hope in your hearts. I am thankful for our Savior and know that he understood your fears and TJ's hurt in ways we can never imagine. I rely constantly on that knowledge of him although I know I never truly understand His atoning sacrifice for us.

    Little TJ is amazingly sweet, yet he has been such a strong, courageous fighter. I wonder often what he still knows of Heaven. It has been a frightening and hard lesson for me to watch him with you both. I am so grateful for TJ, Tim, and you. Thankyou for your beautiful example of how to keep your spirits up during such an unexpected and difficult struggle.

    ReplyDelete