*Just For You*

“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.” -Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, October 12

4 Weeks :D














I can't believe it has already been four weeks since all this drama started! Time sure does fly by. TJ progesses more and more everyday. He still has excess fluid in his brain. He had a small bleed which is pretty common in premies, but it caused a clot and now the CSF (cerebral spinal fluid) is building up in the ventricles in his brain. They have been monitoring it by taking ultrasounds once a week. They noticed that the clot is getting smaller but they are concerned that its not shrinking at a fast enough rate. They measure his head every day, and each time they have measured it his head has gotten a little bit bigger. Some of that is due to him growing, but it also is because of the pressure the fluid is starting to put on his brain. They are starting to become concerned that his body isn't absorbing the clot fast enough. If they decide that there is too much pressure they will have to place a tube down into his ventricles to relieve the pressure. It could resolve the problem, or the fluid could just continue to build up and they will have to continually drain it a few times a year. They aren't really sure if there will be any damaging effects from the pressure that is on his brain right now. He seems like he has normal brain function as of right now. They had an occupational therapist come chek him out and she said his reaction to light and sound was great and that his reflexes and muscle tone were all very good as well. He has just started sucking from a bottle which is a huge step! I have been able to feed him three times from a bottle and he always does extremely well with it. We tried breast feeding on friday and as soon as he had it in his mouth he just fell right asleep lol. He hasn't connected that he can get food out of there too :D.

4 comments:

  1. *sigh* He's just beautiful. I love to hear all the little steps he's making in the right direction. What an amazing little tough-guy!

    On a side note: That's the same trouble Gid had when nursing... haha, it's like "Oh I'm close to Momma, sleepy time"... gotta love those sweet babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to reading your page even though it may be a little sad, but i am definitely glad that he has progressed and it's good!! If you don't mind, I went to the temple with my mom recently and i just really felt that I needed to add your family to the prayer roll, although i think i spelled your last name wrong!! please forgive me for that!! But I just want you to know that i care for you and hope that your little guy continues to grow and get stronger and WON'T have any thing too seriously wrong when it's all over with..
    Love ya tons ;) he looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys,
    It is good to hear that TJ is progressing although I know you are frustrated that it isn't going faster. Hang in there and take it one day at a time. You have all been put on many temple rolls and are in all our thoughts and prayers. Love you all, Aunt Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strating to eat from a bottle is so great! I quickly learned that Axton would do something once or twice, like bottle feed, then wait a week or two before it really caught on so don't get discouraged if TJ stops. Axton never caught ont o nursing either, it was just to hard after he learned how easy the bottle was! Your little guy looks great and I pray for you continually!

    ReplyDelete