In the past few days we have heard the words hepatitis B, spinal meningitis, enterovirus, and cerebral palsey. None of which are words that any parent wants to hear about their baby. Right now we are kind of just in a daze. Everything has become a waiting game. Waiting to take the tests, waiting for the results, waiting to retake some tests, waiting for results. Its hard seeing our little man all hooked up to tubes and wires, being poked and proded and struggle. I know Tim and I both wish we could take it on ourselves and just give him a break, but we both also have come to realize that this is all in the Lord's hands. Our little TJ is not even two weeks old and he has already suffered so much. Its hard to understand quite the reason for all of this, but we are trying to remember that there is a purpose in everything. And he has chosen to come into this world to receive a body, even a sick body was good enough for him. We are just so incredibly grateful to have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and that no matter what happens with our beautiful little boy, whether he is sick or healed, whether he stays with us or leaves we will be an eternal family and we will be together forever. Someday whether here or in another place TJ will be healthy and strong. He will have a perfect body free of pain and suffering.
Yesterday he was transfered to Primary Children's Medical Center where the best pediatrics in the state are taking care of him. We know he is in good hands, even if they aren't our own. We know that they are doing everything they can to help our little boy. He has some swelling and bleeding in his brain they believe it is due to the infection. He has enterovirus which may cause meningitis. They did a lumbar puncture today to check his CSF (cerebral spinal fluid) for infection. No results yet, and they may have to do it again. When you have bleeding in your brain in can leak into your spinal fluid. So when they did the tap to collect CSF there was quite a bit of blood mixed in. It makes it hard for them to run all the proper test because the blood begins to coagulate or clot before they can check. Tomorrow we will find out if they have to do another lumbar puncture. If there is infection in his CSF it is called meningitis and they will treat it depending on what form of meningitis it is. Also depending on what kind it is there are certain side effects that could come from that. None of this is for sure and all could just go away and he will be a perfectly healthy little boy, but there also are some terrible side effects that could come from all of this infection in his premature little body.
Sorry there is not much more information that I can give everyone right now. We are just waiting for all the results to come back. Keep praying for our sweet little angel. We can feel your prayers and know our strength comes from the love and support around us.
WOW. Jade I had no idea!!! I will pray for you and your baby for sure! That is really sad! Being a parent is such a wonderful blessing, and it is a lot of fun. I guess it has it's hard times too, just like everything in life right?? It is DEFINITELY a blessing to know that we live in the times when the TRUE AND FULL gospel has been restored. Even in our times of hardships. I know this must be a really hard thing for you both to go through, but you sound really strong!! I don't know that I could be that strong when it comes to my kid!! Well I will keep you in my prayers and hope for his homecoming to be soon and that all will be well for him.
ReplyDeletelove ya :)
Ashley
Jade,
ReplyDeleteWe love you all so much. We are so proud of your strength, courage, and faith. Like you, we know that with the Lord and Savior's help all things are made possible. You and yours are always in our thoughts and will continue to be in our prayers as well. Know that you are loved and if there is some way we can help all you need is ask.
Forever your loving Aunt,
Kimberly
Jade,
ReplyDeleteThis is Lacy's friend, Colette. She told me about you and your little boy, and I just had to let you know the your family is in my prayers. My little boy was born at 27 weeks and we went through all the scares that only parents who've been through a premature birth can really appreciate. Just take it a day at a time and focus on TJ's progress and not his setbacks. You've probably heard the NICU referred to as a "rollercoaster" and it's true. Everyday is up and down, but I believe these tiny babies are blessed with more strength than we can imagine. I'm sure they are very close to our Savior during this time, and he comforts them. Like you said, all you want to do is take some of the pain for him, but I think the Savior is already doing that. Also, you might already have it, but I thought the book "Preemies" by Dana wechsler Linden, Emma Trenti Paroli, and Mia Wechsler Doron was so helpful. It's written by parents of preemies and a neonatologist and helps to explain different things about your baby and the nicu. When the doctors came to us with a new and scary-sounding problem- I would just turn to that part of the book so I could understand it better. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know one more person is praying for your little guy...I know what a comfort it is to know prayers are being offered on his behalf.
Tim & Jade,
ReplyDeleteYou are all in our thoughts and prayers every day. I wish there was more we could do for you but I know TJ and you are in the Lord's hands. Remember you have family on both sides who are watching and praying for all of you. Stay strong but cry when you need to. We love you bunches.
Aunt Renee
Hey Jadie,
ReplyDeleteI love you guys so much and I just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. Your strength is amazing and I'm so proud of you. Just remember that if you need someone to chat with (or cry to) I'm here. Love you, Tim & little TJ soooo much. Lots of Kisses!
Keep the faith Jade, the lord knows what he is doing and what he wants for us. We're praying for you and for your little angel, I know I'm far away and I wish I were closer to help in anyway but if you still need anything I will do everything in my power to help you out! Lots of love!
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you both at this time. You are a wonderful person, Jade, and have always been since you were little. I know that Heavenly father sent that little boy to the right family to love and care for!
ReplyDeleteLove Your Cousin,
Savannah
Jade This is Amber McPherson (Sly) I just ran across your blog! Congrats! on your new baby but in the same sense I am so sorry, I hope everything works out for him for the best... also for you and your husband it is very exhausting to have a baby and then not to have them home. You sound very strong though! My prayers will be with you and your new little baby. I am going to add you as a link so I can stay posted! :D
ReplyDelete