*Just For You*

“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.” -Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, September 22

*One Week*

I can't believe our little man is a week old already! I am counting down the days till he can come home with me. But for the time being I know he is in the best place and he continues to grow stronger everyday. Its amazing to see the little improvements day by day. He had dropped some weight down to 3lbs 4oz...but has gained back to 3lbs 12 1/2oz so he's almost back up to his birth weight. Man I love this little guy. They took his C-PAP off today to see how he was doing with his breathing. He did good for a little while and we got some great pictures of his face, but they had to put him back on because he was getting a little stressed and kept dropping his heart rate. His skin color has improved so much. He had a little bit of jaundice for awhile so they had these two bright lights on him, but those are gone now also. He tries so hard to open his little eyes while we are there. Every once in a while I'll catch a glimpse and it makes it all worth it. The other night he opened them while I was holding him and just stared for what seemed like hours...but I'm sure it was only a few seconds. It was just so sweet to get to see into his face. I love him so much. Its incredible how much love you can have for such a tiny creature. He is such a precious little gift from my Heavenly Father and I treasure every moment that I get to spend with him. He's such a sweet little boy!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness he's so cute! And holy crap you look awesome...not cool. haha, I kid. Anyways, I can't wait til you can take him home either. Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jade! I'm so glad that you are both okay and are doing so well. Good luck and keep us all posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those little muscholes on his arm, that kid's afighter no doubt. He's so precious Jade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Your little man is so precious. I am glad everything went okay and you are both recovering. This is Alecia by the way... remember the fun days at sizzler? Anyway, I am going to add you as a link on my page so I can stay updated on your life. Again, congratulations! Tell Tim I say hi too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it has already been a week!! You all look great. I am so grateful that he is doing so well. It will be so awesome when you get to take him home.

    Hang in there and keep us posted.
    Love, Aunt Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys pretty much have a miracle baby. That is so amazing. My nephew was born with three more weeks on him than TJ and he barely weighed a couple ounces more. I can't believe how much your baby weighed, and how great you did in your labor progressing so fast and everything. I'm so glad all that scariness turned out great. We'll pray for TJ to get strong so he can go home too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Cow!! Jade You look so good for JUST having a baby!! He is so cute! If you don't mind me asking, what happend? Was he just born a little earlier than expected?? WEll I hope all is going well. And I will pray for him so you can take him home too! It's seriously the BEST THING IN THE WORLD!! I DON'T KNOW WHERE I'D BE AND WHAT I'D BE DOING Without my little girl. I love her so much, she is such a crack up everyday!! It's so amazing!! Love ya tons and wish you the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jade & Tim,
    We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We love you so much and wish there was more we could do.
    Aunt Kimberly

    ReplyDelete