*Just For You*

“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.” -Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, January 10

InSoMnIa

I have insomnia. It sucks. But really how can you expect your body to go from sleeping 7am-3pm for 5 nights a week and then sleeping 12am-8am the other 2 nights a week. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Ideally I try to stay up on Saturday instead of sleeping till 2 or 3pm. It is really hard and unless I have something to do all day, I will pass out wherever my head lands. Sometimes I try to sleep for only like 3-4 hours. Doesn’t help. I basically can’t make myself get out of bed. Yesterday morning Tim practically forced me out of bed at 11:30. I got up, fed TJ, kissed Tim good-bye, played with TJ until 12, put him down for a nap, and we both slept until 4. Yeah so then I’m supposed to go to bed by midnight so I can get up for church. I finally got in bed at 3, laid there until 4:45, and decided to try to wear my eyes out on the computer. It is now 6:30. I have church at 11 and I have to be there. Not only because its church but because I am the conductor for Sacrament. I can’t miss. Once again…I am so grateful for my job. So many people have lost their jobs and are in a lot worse place than Tim and I are…but seriously…I CAN’T WAIT until I don’t have to work graveyards anymore. 5 nights a week for 7 months I have not slept next to my husband at night. That’s like 140 nights or something. That’s so sad! And my sleep schedule is completely trashed. I am tired 24/7 but can’t sleep at night. It’s the worst. Well…just have to keep plugging along I guess. Hopefully things will change in the near future and we can get out of this crazy cycle.

*Sleep Sweet* 

3 comments:

  1. oh dear. i don't know how you do it jade. you are so strong! keep working hard and hopefully you will get used to either sleeping (i hope) or not sleeping! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... that's crazy! I hope your schedule changes soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. graveyards are THE WORST. i've been there. it took me at least a month to get back on a normal person's sleeping schedule once i wasn't doing it anymore. totally the pits. i have no idea how i would do it with a kid.

    ReplyDelete