*Just For You*

“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.” -Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, July 28

Fun Stuff :D

I spent this last week refinishing an old dresser that I used to have at my parents. They were no longer using it and I really needed a dresser of my own..don't get me wrong I love sharing with my husband lol...but I felt it was time to have a place for my clothes :D
This is the original dresser. At first I wanted to strip it and restain it, but come to find out its not real wood...big suprise. So I just sanded it and spray painted it black!

Step #2 Primer!

The finished product!!! It turned out so much better than I was even planning! I'm so happy with how great it looks...I guess I do have a green thumb for craftiness! :D

I had so much fun I painted our nightstand also :D It also was a fake wood brown. Its fun to have some new things...even if they are old/new things!

4 comments:

  1. Hey you did a really good job redoing that dresser!!! it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of it being called a "green thumb" but it is beautiful!! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure spiffed up that old dresser. Isn't it amazing what elbow grease, time, stripper, primer, paint, papertowels and etc. can produce? I bet it still had the square I painted when I was trying to decide if it would be pretty in pink. I think the black worked out a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love black spray paint...it's a life saver I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete