*Just For You*

“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.” -Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, July 8

Proud to BE an American!

We had such a fun 4th this year. It was kind of bitter-sweet for me. Ever since before I can remember my family has gone to Missouri for the 4th of July. In all 22 of my years I think maybe 3 haven't been spent there...counting this one. I was lucky enough to go out last year, but had to put it off this time. Its strange how life changes. What once was a common tradition slowly becomes less and less practical. You have to start picking between two good choices. Whats good for your new family, or whats good for your old. Strange...but good at the same time. We build new traditions and still hold on to some of the old. I know that we will spend another 4th with my family (next year?) but it still is a little different to not be there. Just wanted you to know that I missed you guys!!!! LOVE YOU

2 comments:

  1. Jade... I totally know how you feel w/ having to balance the old and the new. I've been thinking a lot about how life has changed soo drastically, in a good way, but it's hard to let things go. It's just a weird transition. I am constantly thinking about how I miss being a kid and miss high school a bit, but then I forget that in 10 years, I'm really going to miss the time I am in right now, so I need to enjoy it while I can! So hard to grasp that concept though. I'm glad to know someone else has these same feelings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you and your whole family too! Hopefully some year your whole gang can be here again... of course that would mean we couldn't spend the 4th selling Fireworks tho.

    Love you and yours,
    ~Aunt Kimberly

    ReplyDelete