Just sitting here at work watching Oprah. Love that show. We don't have any cable at our place these days so this is pretty much the only way I stay caught up on world events. And I just love Oprah. I have decided I need to keep a better record of our lives (thanks Family History lessons on Sunday =P) I feel just a bit guilty of not keeping a journal. I used to write almost every night..and then I felt like I was just writing meaningless things over and over again. I always would say to myself "Well when I'm married I will have more things to write about." and then once I got married I started writing again (like once) and thought "There really is nothing going on. I'll write more once I have kids. They keep life pretty interesting." And now I have a baby..and I have totally not written one thing in my journal in YEARS. And I still feel like nothing interesting happens to write about..lol. Funny how life does that. The grass is always greener...or so they say. Tim and I are definitely in a rut these days. We have been doing the same thing week to week. A: Because we don't have TIME to do anything fun. B: Because we don't have any $$$ to do anything fun. C: Because we work opposite shifts and sometimes don't even see each other for over 24 hours. D: We only have ONE CAR right now so even when Tim is gone I can't leave the house. E: We're both just too tired to do anything. Yeah theres a lot of different variables and it is really REALLY starting to wear on us. We keep hoping that we will have a big change in our future *fingers crossed* but it feels like we will be doing this FOREVER. Every day is a little bit more draining. We are praying to keep our spirits up and have a positive attitude but after 5 months of the same week to week terrible routine it gets so hard. I don't know how people live like this. I can't stand the feeling of unsecurity and fatigue. Not a good combo. Anyways I probably sound like I'm about to jump off a bridge or something lol. We really are so happy but so drained all in the same breath. We know good things are on the horizon and both are SO grateful that we even have good jobs. We know so many people are in such worse situations than us right now. I just feel so uninteresting! And I miss my friends! I just keep saying to myself "Baby steps. One foot in front of the other!" I know we will get through this junk!
Oh. :( Sad days! I love you guys and everything WILL get better. Miss you!
ReplyDeletei feel like i am in a rut, too. Same thing every single day. Ugh. I'm sorry. We'll get throught this!
ReplyDeleteyou'll make it! i promise...of course, then you'll be in a different rut...hm...but maybe it will be a "less stressful" rut. Wish I could see you guys...Miss you tons!
ReplyDeleteGuess what Jade, I miss you too! I am so excited that you kind of live close by...kind of...and that I get to see you, possibly today! Thanks for being such a wonderful friend!
ReplyDeleteWe hear ya! Luke and I debated selling our house when he lost his job *twice* and then with the market the way it is...decided to just tough it out...so we tightened up on everything...no cable either, no trips anymore, no traveling, 1 car...I hear ya! Life is going to get better...and I think sometimes I stress over *when* and don't live in the now...I learned this quote from Helen Keller that puts me in my place oh, say, daily...Gratitude-not having time to ponder that which has been denied...um, yeah...words to TRY and live by! Lol! I hope things get better for you guys...but know that there are lots in the neighborhood @ us that are in the same boat so you don't have to feel bummed or alone! ;) Dec 2nd I think is enrichment...you should come with all of us..it was only my 2nd time going and it was lots of fun!
ReplyDelete